Four Months Old
It's hard to believe that four months ago, I was in the hospital, scared to death of having a cesarean.
I now have a healthy chunky monkey that weighs 16 pounds 5 ounces and is 25 inches long.
At Grace's four month check-up, she had to get another round of shots. She's such a pro! She didn't make a sound when they gave her the first one. For some reason, the nurse really made a point to stick her good with the second, so we got a little scream. She stopped as soon as I picked her up, though. So what is this four month old up to?
- No more scooting around in her walker. The doctor said that unless her feet can be planted flat on the floor, it could mess with the tendons in her legs.
- She is in the 90th percentile for weight and the 75th for height.
- She's getting much better at reaching for something that she wants to hold (especially hair).
- Grace can follow Isabel with her eyes really well now. She watches her every move and laughs when she jumps towards her.
- She still needs a little help sitting up, but is getting pretty close to doing it on her own.
- Standing is one of her favorite things to do. She arches her back until you let her stand. The only support she needs is for balance. (I asked the doctor if this could make her bowlegged because we've heard this before. He said it would not.)
- She has this adorable little sort of laugh. It's not the belly laugh I've been waiting for, but it't still pretty cute!
- She's getting a little better at holding her binky, but it still pops out of her mouth when she's not laying down.
- She loves to take naps in mommy and daddy's bed (I know, I know).
- She can sit in her high chair.
- She tries to get out of her Bumbo and can turn around in it.
- She still likes tv. Especially football, duh!
- She tried cereal, but couldn't figure out how to get it in her mouth. The doctor says she doesn't need it for a couple more months anyways.