A Bun in the Oven

Isaac and I have been talking about babies for about four years now.  We decided that immediately after the wedding was over, we would start trying.  You hear all the time that when couples try for a baby, it takes months or even years.  I knew that I wanted one right away so I bought about six pregnancy tests and started taking one every other day about three weeks after the wedding.  I finally decided to really read the directions, and they said to take the test first thing when you wake up.  So, I set my alarm for 6am the next morning, and the second it went off I ran to the bathroom. 

I remember while waiting for all of the other tests I was just praying and praying that they would say 'yes'.  This time, while sitting there on the edge of the bathtub trying to keep my eyes open, I just wanted it to hurry and tell me so I could get back into bed.  I looked down and saw the 'YES+' on the stick, and I couldn't believe it.  I just kind of stared at it for a minute.  Then when it hit me, I ran immediately into the bedroom to show Isaac.  We both just couldn't stop smiling and went from being half asleep to wide awake!

I couldn't really believe that it was happening, so I called my doctor to set up an appointment for that day.  She said that they wanted to wait until I was 8-10 weeks along before I came in.  That kind of bummed me out because I really wanted to know if it was real.  My doctor assured me that if the test said yes, I was pregnant.  Isaac and I went home on our lunch break to take another one just to be sure.  When it also said 'YES+' I felt a little stronger about it.  We couldn't help but to call our families and closest friends to share the great news. 

About 2 weeks later morning sickness hit which told me that it really was happening.  By the way, whoever coined the term "morning sickness" had no idea what they were talking about.  This nausea stuff lasts all day, every day for quite a few weeks.  Another symptom that really hit hard was sleepiness.  I just wanted to sleep all day long.  I went from going to bed around 11 every night to being fast asleep around 8:30.  (The extra sleep really has been nice, I must admit.)  Our next step now is just waiting for baby...We cannot wait until Baby Espejo gets here and are counting the days (hours, minutes, seconds) until he or she arrives!!

Popular posts from this blog

Last Week...

Last Week...

Mini Adult